Mini Crab Cake Sliders are the perfect Super Bowl appetizer – quick, easy, hassle free AND packed with crab meat!
I don’t know about you but for the Super Bowl we ALWAYS have some sort of get together and everyone brings a appetizer! There are always those standard Super Bowl dishes – buffalo chicken dip, 5 Layer Mexican dip, pigs in a blanket, nachos, chips and salsa, the list goes on and on.
All of those are great of course but why not mix things up a bit with Mini Crab Cake Sliders?? Mini Crab Cake Sliders can be made in under 30 minutes making this a great appetizer when crammed for time.
Crab cakes are a staple in Maryland not to mention what Maryland is known for. In this area, crab cakes are almost allll meat and no filler. I haven’t come across many people that aren’t crab fanatics!
Mini Crab Cake Sliders are bound to be a hit at your Super Bowl party -I bet they go before any other appetizer 😉 spicy Old Bay paired with lump crab meat a top a soft slider bun – make sure you have a little tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, or plain yellow mustard for topping!
Crab Cakes are quick to put together and take only 10 minutes to broil.
Start by mixing bread pieces, mayo, Greek yogurt, yellow mustard, Old Bay, parsley, and egg in a large bowl. Once combined, gently stir in crab meat.
Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Form 10-12 slider sized crab cakes. About 2 inches in diameter.
Broil crab cakes for about 10 minutes or until there’s a nice golden brown on top. We like to sprinkle with Old Bay once removed from oven as well 🙂
Add a slice of tomato and lettuce to each slider bun then place mini crab cakes on top. You can use a toothpick to make them more stable. We pair our Mini Crab Cake Sliders with tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, or yellow mustard.
I like yellow mustard and Ty likes to mix his tartar and cocktail sauce… to each their own 🙂
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- ½ teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 12 slider rolls
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1 tomato
- 1 lettuce head
- Start by mixing bread pieces, mayo, Greek yogurt, yellow mustard, Old Bay, parsley, and egg in a large bowl. Once combined, gently stir in crab meat.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Start making 10-12 slider sized crab cakes. About 2 inches in diameter.
- Broil crab cakes for about 10 minutes or until theres a nice golden brown on the top. We like to sprinkle with Old Bay after as well
- Slice tomato into thin slices. Add 1 slice tomato and lettuce piece to slider buns. Place mini crab cakes atop tomato and lettuce. You can use a toothpick to make them more stable.
- We pair sliders with tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, or yellow mustard.
Let me know your thoughts in comments! Have any of your own easy recipes? I would love to try some, feel free to email me.
Don’t forget to subscribe to hear of simple recipes and the best local restaurants!